I have found that I prefer the double wall stainless steel vacuum water bottle. Here’s why:
- Good for the planet. They are long lasting and made to be re-used, so no plastic or any other materials that may or may not get recycled. These bottles are made to be used over and over. I've had mine for about a year, used it hard, and it's still going strong.
- Better for you. You know exactly what goes into your bottle. Most of the time mine has water I filter myself with a splash of Gatorade. You have no idea what water you are really drinking, or what's in it when you buy bottled water. Google it. Bottled water is not a guarantee of safety or purity. There's also the issue of plastics leaching chemicals into the water you drink. Many of those plastic water bottles are not made with the intention of re-use. I'm not willing to gamble my health on it.
- Better taste. Stainless steel doesn't hold smells or flavors. I can put coffee in my bottle in the morning, then rinse it out and put fresh clean water in in the afternoon, and there’s no leftover taste from the coffee.
- That style construction keeps cold liquids cold and hot liquids hot for a surprisingly long time. We've been having a bit of a heat wave where I live. When I get in my car to go somewhere I fill my bottle with cold water. Then I just leave it in my boiling hot car while I do my errands. It's still cold even after sitting in the car for hours. Same deal in the winter with hot beverages.
- Attractive, functional design. I especially like the design of the bottle I have. It's made by a company called BottleBottle- which I have absolutely no connection to- I just appreciate a product that works. But it looks clean and well designed, the wood on the cap is a nice touch, and there's a handle for ease of carrying. Not to mention, it's easy to open, easy to carry, easy to clean, easy to fill, easy to drink from.